Frostey's Mind Unplugged

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer 2008: the Story so far...



Hey hey hey! This old blog must be dusty, hein?
WOW. So many things happened -- and of course -tehehehe- are happening this summer.
I've been learning how to drive, since I now have I got my permit. Very cool. I've been cooking alot - been learning how to make and been making pommes frites, pizza, curries. I've been doing not much for my webpage, but some. I went to two exciting places with my dad: Antwerp, Belgium and Telluride, Colorado! I've been watching the Beijing Olympics, of course. Watching Saturday morning cartoons has been a must-do on Saturday mornings. I'm also an intern for a community center, which is a fun job. Also have been playing Wii, of course. Hanging out with new friends. Et cetera.

In Europe, I actually went to three places, in this order -- Antwerpen, BE > Amsterdam, NL > Brussels, BE. In Antwerpen and Amsterdam, I learned Dutch, which is spoken by 55% of Belgians. French is spoken by about 45%. It's a beautiful country. Lots of chocolate, churches, architecture, and comics there. Belgium is actually the most widely-proven birth place of les pommes frites ( 'cuz calling them "french-fried potatoes" is for silly americans). The frites are the best there. The way they make them there is that they fry them twice and cut them a bit more thick than in America. They also like 'em with mayonaise, which is tastier than it sounds.

What else?

This summer, I've also been working as an intern at a community center. A non-pay job, but it's very cool: get to meet new people, made a cool poster for them with school mascots, and even go to local concerts with them.

Also, finally, I made a new cartoon. Here she be!





Also jack has a new blog about living in a new place. Here's the link: here!

Anyways, I'll be leaving. I'm watching the Olympics, now. Bye!!

-Eben "Singin' and Dancin' Frostey"

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • hi, Frostey,

    I am some guy you met during your trip to Brussels.
    Hope you enjoyed Belgium!!!
    Take care a lot.

    J.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 PM  

  • hi frostey.

    this is someone that you met in Brussels. hope you enjoyed your summertime.

    cheers

    J

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home